Did you know that you’ll never realize how emotionally draining and toxic people are until they’re out of your life?
In the quest for social acceptability and maintaining healthy relationships, you get to meet so many people. The good ones, the bad ones and the ugly ones. Some of these people will come into your life, play their roles, and leave just as they came. Others will stay for a very long time but the truth is this: “It’s not the number of friends you have that matter in life, but the quality of friends you have”. The people around you influence you in one way or the other. So this post will help you know how go identify the toxic people in your life.
When you’re around such people, you’d feel nervous, drained and it would always seem like you’re the only one giving but never receiving (intellectually, morally, financially or otherwise.
Here are 8 easy ways to recognize them:
Read Also: Unisex Lover | Torn Between Sexualities
1. Wet Blankets – are pessimistic and habitually negative. They always and only see/expect bad things to happen. Nothing ever seems positive when they’re there.
2. Stream Rollers – are blindly insensitive to others. They don’t care about anything happening around you and only want to talk or “be” in things that concern them.
3. Critics – these ones constantly complain or give unwanted advice.
4. Martyrs – are forever the victims and are always wreathed with self-pity.
5. Gossip – (Laughs) You already know these ones. They always know everything about everyone but you need to be wary of them. Ic they’re telling you about others all the time, be rest assured that they will tell others “more” about you. So you’d better be careful with the things you say around them.
6. Sponges – We’ve come across these ones alot. They are always in need but never give anything back (Not even an advice!).
7. Control Freaks – are very clingy and always want you to do things their own way, which seems to be the “only” to go about anything. You can’t do anything until they say it’s okay. They always want to think for you.
Also Read: Recap: Skinny Girls In Transit S4 Ep 1
8. Competitors – always keep track of tit for tat. They’re always seeking revenge for a wrong supposedly done to them. Who knows, you might be the next on their list (shrugs).
I also talked about the kinds of people you need in your life below. You should check it out to further help you in building healthy relationships in your life and career.
Have you ever had negative or toxic people around you? How do you prevent them from bringing you down? I’d love to know in the comment section below.